Education and infrastructure successes include
- Educational opportunities and financial support for female orphans—high school, college, and vocational school tuition, small business start-ups; school uniforms, new clothing, educational books and supplies; basic medical care, tutorial assistance, computers, bicycles and motorbikes.
- School breakfast programs—feeding 300 children per day.
- Food and educational support to street children in several provinces.
- Renovation of primary and high school facilities—installation of bathrooms, showers and drinking water fountains, window coverings, room upgrades and repairs.
- Installation of libraries and reading rooms—including books, DVDs, furniture, reading lamps, computers, printers, projectors, screens and room upgrades.
- Installation of water filtrations systems in primary schools.
- Spring 2014 - Completed construction of a large and new well and bathrooms, including toilets and sinks, at a primary school serving approximately 500 children, many with leprosy.
- Education and support for three mentally ill young men.
- Spring 2016 – Completed construction of a large school playground complete with equipment, an outdoor mosaic map of VN, and a lovely outdoor reading garden with benches and landscaping. Added fencing with climbing flowers for privacy to bathroom building .
- IInstalled 6 additional water filtration systems in schools bringing the total number
of installed systems to 13.
- We’ve added a 9th library and supplied all existing libraries each with hundreds of new books.
Our educational and infrastructure goals for 2017 and 2018 include
- Continued support for young women in the orphan education support program.
- Increase the number of libraries to 15.
- Add 20 new water filtration systems.
The Vietnam Fund for Education, Music & Infrastructure was founded by Jane Coyle who has worked for over three decades providing services to refugees and immigrants in the US, and facilitating adoptions of Vietnamese and Ethnic Minority children to US citizens.
Deeply touched by the determination, courage, and life stories of those she served, Jane frequently visited Vietnam where she developed a keen understanding of the culture and challenges facing many Vietnamese and Ethnic Minority people. Her deep love and respect for the people from this dynamic and beautiful country, coupled with her passion for helping to improve the lives of many suffering illness and poverty, has inspired her work on numerous humanitarian projects.
Jane contributed to medical, clean water, and education aid programs; worked on the creation of a grass roots malnutrition education project; and built a sponsorship project linking Americans with impoverished children from orphanages.
The inspiration for The Vietnam Fund for Education, Music & Infrastructure grew out of Jane’s contact with the extraordinary people she has encountered over the past 30 years.
home | the fund in action | donate | film | resources | shop | contact
Copyright ©2007-2017 Vietnam Fund for Education, Music, and Infrastructure, Inc.
Website by LuCe